Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Blog 11/16- Photographing Northern Lights

nl2

I chose to do this weeks blog post about the Northern Lights.  i have always wanted to find the time to go out and photograph the Northern Lights, I just feel as though I don't quite know what to do.  This article is kind of a beginner's guide to taking pictures of the Northern Lights.  The article was also useful in education me about what the Northern Lights actually are.  I am interested in science, and the information presented in this article is very interesting. 
I found it interesting that the colors and concentrations of the colors depend on what particular gas particles are in the atmosphere at the time. As far as photography goes, it is best to take pictures within latitudes of the Arctic Circle. The ISO value should be set between 800 and 3200, f stop between 2.8 and 5.6, and shutter speed should be between 15 and 20 seconds.  one should also use protection for the camera gear if shooting on a particularly cold day.
I am glad I found this article because I now know generally the range in which my settings should be when I go out to photograph the Northern Lights. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

November 30th- Final Blog Post

For this blog I decided to talk about what I learned from this course.  Originally, I did not know much about photography in October.  The o...