Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Week 7- First Edit



For this week's blog post, I am sharing my first edit from Light room.  I took this picture outside of my house one night and I used it last week for my share 2 and critique, but it was unedited for that.  I chose to share this picture again this week because I wanted to compare the 2 images (edited and unedited) and see what else I could potentially do to improve this image, or see if I should just leave it how it is now. I used the editing presets that we went over in class last week, as well as added some of my own adjustments depending on what looked best for this image.  I also tilted the image just slightly to adjust my horizon line. I did this to make the viewer more comfortable instead of uneasy with a slightly tilted horizon line.  I also used the paintbrush to clone out some impurities on the flower pedals.  I think this is the only part that I struggled with.  I will probably go back and clean up my cloning job a bit.  Also, I forgot to mention that the first thing I did was crop my image so that it had a better frame.  This got rid of some of the junk around the edges that I did not want in my shot.  Overall, I am happy with the edited version of my image!


No comments:

Post a Comment

November 30th- Final Blog Post

For this blog I decided to talk about what I learned from this course.  Originally, I did not know much about photography in October.  The o...